Episode 8 of Success and Inner Growth discusses the relationship between information and knowledge. Afterwards, I define the main concepts of the topic. In a next step we have a closer look at relationship between knowledge and information. In the end, I ask how knowledge can help us creating value, thus earning an income.
I organised the main point of today’s discussion into three groups. They are:
What is information?
- Our 5 senses as data sources for our brain
- From data to information
- How the brain filters the datastream coming from our senses
- Definition of information
- Relevance, timeliness and credibility
- The value of information
What is knowledge, and how does it work?
- Knowledge as a vault of structured and validated information
- Limits of absolute truth
- Validating information
- What kind of data should be admitted into a knowledge vault
Knowledge as a wonderful tool to create value
- Validating information on demand
- Providing context
- Asking the right questions
- And finally: How knowledge can guide us fromthe confrontation with a disturbing pieces of information to a planned response.
I published the manuscript of this episode on the blog Success and Inner Growth Of course, you are welcome to comment publicly on this episode on the blog, on Facebook or via Twitter. If you want to send me a private remark, you are welcome to use our support system.
You find the earlier episodes of the podcast here.